- American Ethical Union
2 West 64th Street
New York, NY 10023
phone: (212) 873 6500
fax: (212) 362 0850
Unless otherwise noted, the content of our site is licensed under a:
1981: BLATANT IMMORAL ACTIVITIES OF REAGAN ADMINISTRATION
1981 - 73rd NATIONAL AEU ASSEMBLY
BLATANT IMMORAL ACTIVITIES OF REAGAN ADMINISTRATION
The American Ethical Union condemns the blatantly immoral activities of the Reagan Administration --
- In selecting high public officials who would discard or degrade Amerca's position of defending world human rights in the interest of political expediency, and, as in the case of the World Health Organization vote on Infant Formula, showing U.S. disinterest in protecting human lives in other nations.
- In placing corporate profits above public health and the natural environment by compromising or sacrificing federal environmental controls on air and water pollution and occupational health standards for workers exposed to cotton dust, asbestos and other dangerous substances.
- In abandoning the constitutional obligation to enforce the law by withdrawing funds and support from anti-trust and Federal Trade Commission activities that would protect the consumer.
- In the worthy attempt to balance the Federal budget, irresponsibly cutting lifeline support to the poor, the aged, the handicapped, the veteran and the student.
- In attempting to impose through legislation and executive action minority sectarian views limiting abortion choice and the rights of women, as well as compromising separation of Church and State.
Adopted by acclamation by the American Ethical Union Assembly in Madison, N.J. 1981
Source: AEU 73rd Annual Assembly Memo [job14scan]
Use your browser's "Back" button to return to the Search Results page
Click to go back to "AEU Resolutions" main page
Copyright © 2001 American Ethical Union.
Single copies of material on this website may be reproduced for non-commercial purposes only. All other rights reserved.