AEU’s Ethical Education for Children (which goes by different names at our Societies) includes a wide range of age-appropriate activities and experiences for grades K-6. Our programs provide a fun learning environment for kids to explore topics that foster empathy, respect, and a deeper understanding of self and others. We encourage an appreciation of diversity, a sense of social responsibility towards people and the environment, and an underlying framework of ethical values. Our programs feature creative play, social justice projects, stories, discussions, art activities, and mulit-generational festivals.
Some programs build their curriculum to reflect ethical core values:
- Every person is important and unique.
- Every person deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
- I can learn from everyone.
- I am part of this earth; I cherish it and all the life upon it.
- I learn from the world around me by using senses, mind, and feelings.
- I am a member of the world community, which depends on the cooperation of
all people for peace and justice.
- I can learn from the past to build for the future.
- I am free to question.
- I am free to choose what I believe.
- I accept responsibility for my choices and actions.
- I strive to live my values.
For details of the children’s program in your area, contact your local Ethical Society. We also invite you to visit these Society ethical education pages:
– Ethical Humanist Society of Asheville
– Ethical Society of Austin
– Baltimore Ethical Society
– Ethical Culture Society of Bergen County
– Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture
– Washington Ethical Society
– Ethical Humanist Society of Long Island
– Ethical Society Mid Rivers
– New York Society for Ethical Culture
– Northern Virginia Ethical Society
– Ethical Society of Northern Westchester
– Riverdale-Yonkers Society for Ethical Culture
– Ethical Society of St. Louis
– Ethical Culture Society of Westchester