What we are looking for:
The American Ethical Union (AEU), a federation of Ethical Culture/Ethical Humanist communities in the United States, is looking for a talented and social media savvy Program and Communications Coordinator to help develop and implement strategies to increase the influence and relevance of the Ethical Culture/Ethical Humanist movement. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the volunteer Communications Committee and other AEU committees to support member organizations and expand awareness of the Ethical movement locally and nationally, using volunteer resources wherever available and appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate should bring:
Engaging Coordination Style
A Good Sense of Humor
The Program and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for:
maintaining strong relationships with them.
public relations initiatives.
programs and events they organize or participate in.
Programming Support for Member Organizations
- Coordinate planning and execution of AEU program initiatives that complement and amplify member organizations’ programs:
- Support member organizations’ innovations in programming and help them be adopted by others.
- Connect member organizations with one another and further the reach of the Ethical movement via sustainable movement-wide initiatives.
- Follow member organizations’ current programming initiatives and maintain an accessible archive for the benefit of future efforts.
- Google G Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Content Management System such as WordPress
- CRM or email marketing platforms, such as DonorPerfect, ConstantContact
- Social Media platforms, including scheduling tools such as HootSuite and advertising tools such as Facebook Ads Manager
- 3+ years of experience working in a similar or related position or Bachelor’s degree in communications or relevant field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience creating and implementing digital communications strategy for maximum engagement
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure; to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines; and to work both independently and as part of various teams
- Ability to work cross-culturally
- Design savvy and marketing experience an asset
○ Connect volunteers from various member organizations to collaborate on shared programs;
○ Publicize resulting programs and resources and ensure that they are accessible to all member
organizations and the wider public;
○ Offer training, content packages, and other support to ensure the successful implementation
of programming by interested member organizations.
The American Ethical Union embraces and thrives on difference for the benefit of our employees and community. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, and the connections they foster. The AEU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to join our team. Our policy is to not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military service or veteran status, genetic information (including pregnancy and/or parental status), citizenship status, religious belief, size, or disability, and to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination. We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply for our open positions.
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your cover letter, resume, two writing samples (e.g. newsletter, success story, appeal), and professional references (please include contact details and your relationship to the individual) to email@example.com and in the Subject line please type “Program/Communications Coordinator Position”.
The American Ethical Union pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location, and offers generous vacation, medical/dental, and 401(k) benefits. This position is a Coordinator level role with an annual salary of $40,000.
Location: The American Ethical Union is located in New York, NY however; this position may be performed remotely.