The Ethical Culture Movement is made up of dedicated and passionate Societies across the US supported by the American Ethical Union (AEU). Do you have a project idea to help us expand the Movement? Apply now for the Mossler Fellowship so we can help you get started.
The Mossler Trust was set up by the estate of Adele S. Mossler, who died in 1984. Mossler was a member of the New York Society for Ethical Culture and Director of the Play Schools Association, which was dedicated to the recreational needs of children. The Mossler endowment provides funding each year to create one or more Fellowships for members to spread the Ethical Culture Movement.
Past Mossler Fellows include:
- Adam Foldes – Archiving Ethical Culture documents and preparing their digitalization
- Elizabeth Mulhall Collier – Researching the needs and wants of young humanists and implementing programs to improve outreach
- Sandi Sacks – Growing programs that encourage members to share their stories and their passion for Ethical Culture
- Christian Hayden – Developing colloquy structure and content to be used for groups outside of Ethical Culture
- Jé Hooper – Producing an independent film that investigates the concepts of social ethics from Adler’s Ethical Ideals to DuBois’s reclaiming of humanization for black people
- Elena Nash-Graham – Working with the Society Development Team to start new Ethical Societies in cities and towns that do not currently have Ethical Societies.
- Louise Jett – Helping societies create effective online presences by setting up and managing websites and social media accounts.