Position: National Director for Ethical Education
Reports to: Executive Director
Work in cooperation with the Ethical Education Committee, the Executive Director, and with Ethical Education Directors of individual Ethical Societies to develop, promote and implement Ethical Education programs of the American Ethical Union.
- Degree in education, religious studies or related field preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in the area of ethical education, ethical development, program administration, and community development with the not-for-profit sector
- Knowledge of educational and developmental processes and their applicability for program development
- Ability to communicate, organize, motivate and direct the efforts of others, both staff and volunteers
- Experience with computer databases, work processing, spreadsheets software a must
- Experience in the Ethical Movement or other humanist organizations preferred
- Position requires some national travel
Work in cooperation with the Ethical Education Committee and the Ethical Education Directors of individual Ethical Societies, and under the oversight of the Executive Director to:
- Develop, promote and implement Ethical Education programs for children and youth
- Support the coordination and dissemination of Ethical Education program materials
- Encourage communication among those working with Ethical Education programs in Societies
- Oversee or carry out other activities as deemed necessary by the Ethical Education Committee
- Keep current on new ideas in ethical education and pedagogy generally, as well as those related to the ongoing development of ethical philosophy of education
Part-time position can mostly be done remotely. Salary will be discussed at the interview.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to Bart Worden, Executive Director, American Ethical Union, 2 West 64th Street, New York, NY 10023.